• They are extending the deadline for the Solar Pageant scholarship opportunity to May 30, 2019.

• The Varsity Softball team will play in the semifinals on Wednesday, May 22nd against West Greene @ Trinity @ 4!

• Any girl interested in running for Greene County Fair Queen 2019 should turn in their applications before June 1st!

• Graduation will be held on May 30th, 2019 in the Stanley Fowler Auditorium.

School Lunches

Dennis Garrett – Editor

More stories from Dennis Garrett

Back to Article
Back to Article

School Lunches

A change needs to be made for the food that we get served for school lunches. Not a lot of people enjoy the school lunches that we get now. And also they believe that we get served the same thing every week, and that it is not that good. Most of these students don’t like the lunches that we have now.

The issue is that there 98% of students that don’t like the school lunches. Mostly because we literally get the same thing every day and week. So the students are fed up with this, and want to put an end to having the same lunch. This is an issue because they particularly don’t like to eat the same thing every day. The students just don’t like the lunches to.

Some of the school lunches that we have are pretty decent. Like for example we have some pretty good macaroni, burritos, and volcano bowls. Those are by far the best thing that we have here. But what is the best lunch that we have at JM? Most students said that the pizza and chicken was pretty good.

There could be something that we could do to change the lunches. We could just have the students write down what their favorite food is. Then after that we could possibly start serving these lunches to the students. This would make the students possibly like the lunches more, and actually enjoy them. So this is something that we can do to make lunches better for the students.

Here at JM we have some school lunches that aren’t too bad. Like for example we have some pretty good Macaroni, Burritos, and Volcano bowls. Those are by far the best thing that we have here. But what is the best lunch that we have at JM? Most students said that the pizza and chicken was the best thing that we have.

99.1% of students took a survey and voted that they didn’t like the lunches that we have now. Mostly because they don’t like the fact that we have the same thing all the time. But they do enjoy the alternate food that we have for lunch, like the milk and pizza. So most of the students do not like the lunches.

There can be some solutions that we can do to help this issue. We can just go around the school and start asking what their favorite food or snack is. Then after we can possibly start serving the food that they like. We could also just stop serving the same thing every other day. But if the students get to do this lunches will be so much better.

The outcome of this would possibly be a success because students will not have to worry about eating the same thing. They won’t want to have anything else because they already have their choice of food. And also it’ll make the kids want to eat their lunches more by adding stuff to the school lunches.

Dennis Garrett, Editor

Dennis Garrett, is a Senior and a second year Journalism student.

Garrett is apart of the Drama Club and he's also an editor for the Rocket Reporter....

• School Lunches

Feature Stories 2019

Out of High School and into Real Life

• School Lunches

Features

Seniors of JM

• School Lunches

Features

2018 Kindergarten Mother’s Day Tea and Wedding of P & Q

• School Lunches

Features

Jefferson-Morgan Centennial Lion’s Club Students of the Month

• School Lunches

Features

National Honor Society Collects Donations for Greene County Humane Society

• School Lunches

Features

Red Cross Rockets

• School Lunches

Features

Need a Summer Job?

• School Lunches

Features

JM to Host Opioid Awareness Presentation Tonight

• School Lunches

Features

JM Welcomes New Student

• School Lunches

Features

Motivational Stickers Step Up JM Pride

School Lunches