• Administration and Staff will be testing a morning enrichment schedule on a trial basis for two weeks!

• Congratulations to Alex Lange (4th place) and Jonathan Wolfe (5th place) on their wins during the Burgettstown Tournament!

• SENIORS - Baby pictures and quotes needed by January 25th! Send them to Mrs. Fulks

• There is a girls basketball game home against Mapletown on Monday, January 21st @6.

High Standards

Savannah Saesan – Editor

More stories from Savannah Saesan

The national honor society is for only certain students of Jefferson-Morgan. Each student who wishes to be a part of the honor society must have at least completed one year of high school at Jefferson- Morgan and must have an average 3.7 GPA from ninth grade to their current year. A student must also have 8 hours of community service before they may be inducted.  Although a student does have all these requirements, they still may not be able to get inducted. They will get selected on the basis of scholarship, leadership, character and service to the community. When a student is then inducted at the beginning of each year a ceremony is help for them.

An honor society student should then participate in some activities related to the group. A student must not only meet these requirements but also maintain them each year but, if a student does not do what is expected of them actions will be dealt with very quickly.  A student might be dismissed or taken out of the honors society but, they will be notified if this were to happen and have an amount of time to improve. A hearing will be scheduled and the issue will be dealt as if it was a school disciplinary act.

The national honor society has high standards for those students who wish to be a part of the group but, this is all for a reason. The honor society is held at high standards for those exceptional students.  It is not to be taken lightly for it is a very serious group and issues are quite professionally dealt with. Colleges are more likely to accept any student has participated in this group as well. The group shows not only is a student smart but, also that a student cares and works hard, and most of all wishes to excel.

Savannah Saesan, Editor

Savannah Saesan is a junior and a second year Journalism student.

Savannah participates in volleyball, and basketball. She also volunteers at her church...

• High Standards

National Honor Society

Light Up Night!

• High Standards

National Honor Society

JM Light Up Night

• High Standards

National Honor Society

Sponsor of NHS

• High Standards

National Honor Society

President of NHS

• High Standards

Leo Club

Jingle Bells

• High Standards

National Honor Society

National Honor Society Insider

• High Standards

National Honor Society

NHS is the Place to Be

• High Standards

Editor's Corner

Kyle Jenner Creates New Blush, Bronzer, and Highlighter Formulas

• High Standards

Editor's Corner

2019 National 4-H Beekeeping Essay Competition

• High Standards

Showcase

SAFE2SAY Something

High Standards