• They are extending the deadline for the Solar Pageant scholarship opportunity to May 30, 2019.

• The Varsity Softball team will play in the semifinals on Wednesday, May 22nd against West Greene @ Trinity @ 4!

• Any girl interested in running for Greene County Fair Queen 2019 should turn in their applications before June 1st!

• Graduation will be held on May 30th, 2019 in the Stanley Fowler Auditorium.

Thing I am Thankful For

Dennis Garrett – Editor

More stories from Dennis Garrett

There are a few things that I am thankful for.  I am thankful for being a part of the best football team I have played on for a while. We had so much talent and great athletes on our team. We did have some ups and downs during the season, but we put it behind us and went on to the next one.  One of my favorite games would have to be against Avella because everyone was flying around and just hitting people. That night we played so great. And also we blew them out. It was just such a great experience to have the feeling I had during this game. Another thing I was thankful for was having a great coaching staff. They were always helping and pushing us to become better players and a better team/unit. They gave us so much confidence. Another thing that I will be thankful for is our basketball team. We lost a lot of our good players, but I believe we will be pretty decent. We just have to play our hearts out and strive for greatness. We really don’t have too much height, but we will be a pretty quick team. We will just have to run and gun pretty much. We will also have a great coach, which is my dad. He has been through it all and knows pretty much everything about the game of basketball. So overall we will be a pretty decent team. I believe we will have a shot at playoffs. So these are the things that I am thankful for this year.

Dennis Garrett, Editor

Dennis Garrett, is a Senior and a second year Journalism student.

Garrett is apart of the Drama Club and he's also an editor for the Rocket Reporter....

Thing I am Thankful For