• The last day for for seniors is Thursday, May 23 2024.
  • There is a two hour early dismissal on the 24th for Memorial Day.
  • Graduation takes place on May 30th at 7:00 PM at Stanley Fowler Auditorium.
  • The last day of school is May 30th. Students are dismissed at 10 AM.
  • Close out all obligations before the last day of school: cafeteria, library, computer, and textbooks!
  • The first day of school for the 2024-2025 school year is August 21, 2024.

Static-X In Pittsburgh, Part 2

Last Monday, Static-X made their second stop in Pittsburgh in the last year. And of course I wasn’t going to miss that! This time they played with Sevendust, an incredibly underrated band. They have such a large following but don’t receive enough recognition at the same time. Dope also played on this night as well as a band called Lines of Loyalty. The show took place on the 19th at Stage AE.

With this being my second time seeing the band, I have to say that they upped their game from last time. The show production was so great. From the lights, to the visuals, to the stage presence, to the music itself, everything felt so much better. The only thing I will say had a downgrade was the crowd, but that’s not at fault of the bands. It was at a bigger venue, so a moshpit wasn’t as easy to get going. Static-X played an incredible show and even had newer songs than what was on their setlist the last time around. Sevendust was also great and they performed a bunch of classics along with songs from their most recent album. Dope’s set was just about the same as the last time I saw them, but it was great nonetheless. Lines of Loyalty was a band I had never heard of prior, and they still impressed me so much that I had to check out their music afterwards. At the end of the show, my feet and legs were so tired and my ears were absolutely ringing, but it was so worth it. My friend and I were also really close to the stage and I got what would become my favorite piece of clothing after the show ended.

Overall, there was no better way I could’ve spent President’s Day. I wouldn’t mind seeing Static-X for a third time around. They aren’t a band that’s typically in my 24/7 rotation, but their live music is something that’s just too hard to miss out on. Sevendust too; I would see them again without a doubt.