• The last day for for seniors is Thursday, May 23 2024.
  • There is a two hour early dismissal on the 24th for Memorial Day.
  • Graduation takes place on May 30th at 7:00 PM at Stanley Fowler Auditorium.
  • The last day of school is May 30th. Students are dismissed at 10 AM.
  • Close out all obligations before the last day of school: cafeteria, library, computer, and textbooks!
  • The first day of school for the 2024-2025 school year is August 21, 2024.

Helping Those in Need!

On September 20th, members of the reading club went along with Mrs. Caffrey to help out the other helpers at the food pantry at the Jefferson Baptist Church.

The food pantry took place from 10–2; the volunteers helped out with the food by pushing carts full of food to the corresponding number that they were given for their cart. The members of the church were grateful; they were happy that the youth were continuing their kindness. Over 50 cars came to get food from the church, as the church is very generous with the size of portions they give people. The church had three different-size boxes, all with a variety of different foods. The boxes were numbers 1–3, of which the number represented how big the family was.

“I’m a Christian, and so I like to help people. It gives me joy to help them.” Mary, a helper, said after being asked about what her favorite part about helping out at the pantry was.

Overall, the food pantry was a success, and many people who were less fortunate than others were able to receive help from the kindness of the Jefferson Baptist Church. For more information, visit the JBC’s website here.

“My favorite thing is being able to help someone who may be in need, as we all fall through hard times.” Linda, another helper at the food pantry, said when asked what her favorite part about helping out was.