• The last day for for seniors is Thursday, May 23 2024.
  • There is a two hour early dismissal on the 24th for Memorial Day.
  • Graduation takes place on May 30th at 7:00 PM at Stanley Fowler Auditorium.
  • The last day of school is May 30th. Students are dismissed at 10 AM.
  • Close out all obligations before the last day of school: cafeteria, library, computer, and textbooks!
  • The first day of school for the 2024-2025 school year is August 21, 2024.

With Spring Comes Cleaning

(Photo Credit via Flickr)

When you think of spring, spring cleaning is a common thing within households during this season. In the winter, some people get seasonal depression or the winter blues and when a new season arrives so does a new attitude. Spring is associated with warmer weather floral scents and cleanliness from the drab winter, so pick up the broom and start sweeping when you start to feel the warmer weaher and smell the flowers blooming.

Spring cleaning is just a fresh start to put you in uplifting spirits. Winter is commonly associated with sadness, while spring is happiness. This makes people want to clean and do the chores of outside work, or inside work they couldn’t bring themselves to do in the cold winter weather. With the weather becoming warmer and the signs of life growing again gives you the motivation to put in the work you have been putting off. Being able to work outside after a cold winter brings back the joy and happiness of not having to layer up to get anything done outside. The sign of flowers blooming, the white clouds, the sky that seems bluer, and the life of newborn animals and insects, also are associated with the spring cleaning mood. Although some people see this is as a chore, most see this as opportunity to get rid of old junk they don’t need anymore and want to feel the new season with a fresh start of a clean home.