• They are extending the deadline for the Solar Pageant scholarship opportunity to May 30, 2019.

• All senior grades are due on Wednesday, May 22nd. The last day for seniors is Thursday, May 23rd.

• Any girl intersted in running for Greene County Fair Queen 2019 should turn in their applications before June 1st!

• Graduation will be held on May 30th, 2019 in the Stanley Fowler Auditorium.

High School and the Real World

Dennis Garrett – Editor

More stories from Dennis Garrett

High school is the worst at times and high school is the best at times. It prepares you for the future, it gets you prepared for whatever career you want to pursue when you get older, and it gets you ready for the real world. In all honesty, I absolutely love high school because of how much I learn and just because all of my friends are there

If it was not for school, I would never be able to pursue my goal and become what I want to be later in life. High school gets you prepared for what you have to do later in life. If you are not able to take high school serious, you will not be able to achieve your goals and be successful later in life. So in every subject you take, you have to take it seriously and pay attention to it.

Now school can definitely prepare you for the real world. There are a few reason on how it can. If you want to be successful in life you will have to work hard and give your best all the time to be first in everything. Also when you work hard in high school, you will have to work hard in the real world when you get a job or go on to be something else. High school is meant to prepare yourself for the real world.

Dennis Garrett, Editor

Dennis Garrett, is a Senior and a second year Journalism student.

Garrett is apart of the Drama Club and he's also an editor for the Rocket Reporter....

High School and the Real World