• They are extending the deadline for the Solar Pageant scholarship opportunity to May 30, 2019.

• All senior grades are due on Wednesday, May 22nd. The last day for seniors is Thursday, May 23rd.

• Any girl intersted in running for Greene County Fair Queen 2019 should turn in their applications before June 1st!

• Graduation will be held on May 30th, 2019 in the Stanley Fowler Auditorium.

Jalen Torres – Athlete Biography

Dennis Garrett – Editor

More stories from Dennis Garrett

Jalen Torres is a senior and a member of the boys basketball team.

Like most athletes who play their favorite sports, Torres has been playing basketball for about 12 years now.

“My family is the reason I play this game. My grandma Filomena made me believe if I work hard I could go far.”

Torres is the starting point guard. “I enjoy playing point guard because I’m able to run an offense and get my teammates involved.  If you practice like you play, you’ll have some pretty good games as a team. Practices are fun, we always stretch and depending on our schedule we usually run through plays, condition and focus on improving.”

Every year there is a new group of freshmen who have to adjust to the pace of a high school basketball game . “At times it can get rough playing with the younger kids, but this helps me practice on my weaknesses,”stated Torres.

Coaching is a big part of basketball.  “Art Cage is a cool dude. He’s funny and a good coach.” 

There are four games left in the season.

Dennis Garrett, Editor

Dennis Garrett, is a Senior and a second year Journalism student.

Garrett is apart of the Drama Club and he's also an editor for the Rocket Reporter....

Jalen Torres – Athlete Biography