• They are extending the deadline for the Solar Pageant scholarship opportunity to May 30, 2019.

• All senior grades are due on Wednesday, May 22nd. The last day for seniors is Thursday, May 23rd.

• Any girl intersted in running for Greene County Fair Queen 2019 should turn in their applications before June 1st!

• The reading competition will take place on Tuesday, May 14th. Members will be out of class all day.

Tips For Getting Things Done

Madelyn Reeves – Contributor

More stories from Madelyn Reeves

Back to Article
Back to Article

Tips For Getting Things Done

Many students struggle with learning how to organize their time, and focus on getting done what needs to be done. A lot of the times, it is because they don’t think that they have the time, or they just don’t have the motivation. There are a lot of good tips to help you stop waiting and start doing what you need to do.

The first thing that you need to do is just start. Most people have trouble overcoming the “ugh I don’t want to do this,” feeling. Just trick yourself into doing it. Instead of saying that you will work for eight hours, say you’ll work for an hour and it will turn into more. This also applies to anytime you are having anxiety over an upcoming project. Instead of panicking and waiting until the last minute, just get it done early so you don’t have to worry about it.

Something that can help big time is staying organized. Try to keep things nice and clean so that you have a good place to work. Also, try making a list. Having a list will give you the drive to do things, because after you are finished you can cross them off. Do not try and multitask! It is better to do one good thing at a time than four things poorly.

The last few tips are really important and helpful. Turn off all of your distractions. Turn off your phone and your TV, and go somewhere quiet so you can focus on what you are doing. Be competitive about your work ethic. Challenge yourself to do more than you did yesterday, and start caring! If you care about what you are doing and you challenge yourself, you will be more motivated.

So next time you are feeling lazy or just unmotivated, follow some of these tips to help yourself out and get things done on time!

Madelyn Reeves, Contributor

Madelyn Reeves is a sophomore and a first year Journalism student.

Reeves serves as a contributor for the Rocket Reporter. She has been a three sport...

• Tips For Getting Things Done

Editor's Corner

Lifting As A Student Athlete

• Tips For Getting Things Done

Editor's Corner

Knowing the Difference Between a Need and a Want

• Tips For Getting Things Done

Editor's Corner

4-H Animal Science Camp

• Tips For Getting Things Done

Editor's Corner

4-H Capital Days 2019

• Tips For Getting Things Done

Editor's Corner

Student Athletes and Time Management

• Tips For Getting Things Done

Editor's Corner

Sleeping Hacks for Students

• Tips For Getting Things Done

Editor's Corner

Healthy Hair Tips

• Tips For Getting Things Done

Editor's Corner

Saving Little by Little

• Tips For Getting Things Done

Editor's Corner

Foods That Aren’t “Healthy” After All

• Tips For Getting Things Done

Editor's Corner

The Benefits of Being a Working Student

Tips For Getting Things Done