• The last day for for seniors is Thursday, May 23 2024.
  • There is a two hour early dismissal on the 24th for Memorial Day.
  • Graduation takes place on May 30th at 7:00 PM at Stanley Fowler Auditorium.
  • The last day of school is May 30th. Students are dismissed at 10 AM.
  • Close out all obligations before the last day of school: cafeteria, library, computer, and textbooks!
  • The first day of school for the 2024-2025 school year is August 21, 2024.

Reflect In February

(Photo Credit via Flickr.com)
(Photo Credit via Flickr.com)

Black History Month was founded in the United States in 1926 as a week but was later changed into a whole month in 1976.

During this month is the dedication to remember important historical events and people in the history of the African diaspora. This started out when a history teacher talked to the school board to set aside the afternoon of Douglas’s birthday to teach about his life and accomplishments. The next year Washington D.C took this idea as well and made it happen in all of the area. Eventually the event was spread all over America’s public schools. This month is a very big month for scholars in primary school and teachers to spread the accomplishments. Until this was transformed into a whole month about learning about different events and people that had a impact on today’s culture and society.

This month is not celebrated in the US but other countries as well, such as Ireland who just started acknowledging it in 2010. In Africa only 7 countries celebrated in 2020, but as of 2021 all of Africa started teaching and admiring what was happening and started to join in, but they have it in March.

Although many different countries celebrate the month they are sometimes different dates or months.

For more information click here.