• The last day for for seniors is Thursday, May 23 2024.
  • There is a two hour early dismissal on the 24th for Memorial Day.
  • Graduation takes place on May 30th at 7:00 PM at Stanley Fowler Auditorium.
  • The last day of school is May 30th. Students are dismissed at 10 AM.
  • Close out all obligations before the last day of school: cafeteria, library, computer, and textbooks!
  • The first day of school for the 2024-2025 school year is August 21, 2024.

The Sacred Time

(Photo Credit via Faith Magazine)

Lent is a day remembering the forty days of Christ’s time spent fasting in the desert and enduring the temptation of Satan. Lent is practiced by many religions such as, Christian groups, Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Methodists, Lutherans, and Roman Catholics.

During Lent most people give up something they love, perhaps sweets, social media, or junk food. Some people also like to take on another task in their life like helping more at home, working out, or trying new things. The rules of lent are, on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, and every Friday of lent, you can not eat meat. Catholics pray, do good work, practice penance, and fast during Lent. Lent is celebrated Wednesday, February 14, 2024 – Thursday, March 28, 2024. 

Lent is a sacred time for many religions, and people who recognize Christ’s struggles during the forty days, and choose to celebrate it.