• The last day for for seniors is Thursday, May 23 2024.
  • There is a two hour early dismissal on the 24th for Memorial Day.
  • Graduation takes place on May 30th at 7:00 PM at Stanley Fowler Auditorium.
  • The last day of school is May 30th. Students are dismissed at 10 AM.
  • Close out all obligations before the last day of school: cafeteria, library, computer, and textbooks!
  • The first day of school for the 2024-2025 school year is August 21, 2024.

The Sleeping Princess

(Photo Credit via Flickr)
(Photo Credit via Flickr)

One of the most iconic princess from Disney is princess Aurora. As the story is said she was born into royalty and her evil sister, Maleficent, would curse her. The curse was that on her 16th birthday she would prick her finger on the spinning wheel and fall into a deep sleep only to be awoken from a true loves kiss. I would be scared to turn 16 id I knew I would fall asleep to maybe never be woken again or to see how much time has passed and it could have been 100s of years.

She has three godmothers that will protect her and hide her from the castle so that her sister can never find her a curse her again. Just how the curse is casted, it comes true and she falls into a deep slumber. I would hope I had a good dream during the long slumber. The godmothers do everything to protect her and try to find her prince. They keep her in a bed locked up so no one can get to her without the godmothers acknowledgement.  I would feel happy to know I had such caring people to look over me until they found who they think could be the perfect kiss. Eventually, the word gets to the town and we get to know Prince Charming. The godmothers agree he could be the one and let him go and see Aurora. The godmothers were right and she wakes up from the slumber and happy as ever, now that the curse was broken.