• The last day for for seniors is Thursday, May 23 2024.
  • There is a two hour early dismissal on the 24th for Memorial Day.
  • Graduation takes place on May 30th at 7:00 PM at Stanley Fowler Auditorium.
  • The last day of school is May 30th. Students are dismissed at 10 AM.
  • Close out all obligations before the last day of school: cafeteria, library, computer, and textbooks!
  • The first day of school for the 2024-2025 school year is August 21, 2024.

Joyce Manor & Liquid Mike at 123 Pleasant Street

Last night, on Friday, March 15, 2024, Joyce Manor and an indie rock band out of Michigan named Liquid Mike played at the popular local venue 123 Pleasant Street in Morgantown, West Virginia.

When the shows were announced for this small tour, which only has nine shows, I was extremely surprised to see that they were going to play at 123 Pleasant Street, which is an extremely small and intimate venue. So, like anyone else crazy about Joyce Manor, I instantly procured the tickets to the show, and yesterday I went with my dad as soon as I got back from school. We got there about three hours early, waited in line for about two, and were the first ones in line as well. It was extremely cold, so as soon as the doors opened, we bolted in and got to the front of the stage.

Liquid Mike came on first and played about eight songs, all of which were perfectly performed and sounded even better than the studio recordings of said songs. During Liquid Mike, people were moving around a little bit; however, as soon as Joyce Manor took the stage and started off with “Constant Nothing,” everybody started moshing, and the overall energy of the show went up hundredfold. Joyce Manor played about 24 songs in total, as their songs are extremely short but catchy, and I have to say, everything about the show was perfect; the vibes and energy overall were absolutely exhilarating.

Being able to see Joyce Manor again at an extremely small venue like 123 Pleasant Street was one of the best nights of my life and a moment I will forever cherish as I even grow older. Both Joyce Manor and Liquid Mike performed excellently, which made up for the headache I had after the show and the strained vocal chords I had right after it ended after having screamed the lyrics to many of Joyce Manor’s songs.