• The last day for for seniors is Thursday, May 23 2024.
  • There is a two hour early dismissal on the 24th for Memorial Day.
  • Graduation takes place on May 30th at 7:00 PM at Stanley Fowler Auditorium.
  • The last day of school is May 30th. Students are dismissed at 10 AM.
  • Close out all obligations before the last day of school: cafeteria, library, computer, and textbooks!
  • The first day of school for the 2024-2025 school year is August 21, 2024.

Helping The Earth

(Photo Credit via Pexels)

Earth Day, observed annually on April 22nd, is a global initiative that brings people together to advocate for environmental protection and sustainability.

First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day has since grown into a powerful movement, uniting individuals, communities, and organizations worldwide in their commitment to preserving and restoring the health of our planet. The day serves as a reminder of the critical need to address environmental challenges, ranging from climate change and pollution to deforestation and loss of biodiversity.

On Earth Day, various events and activities take place, highlighting the importance of sustainable practices and raising awareness about environmental issues. Communities often organize tree-planting initiatives, clean-up campaigns, and educational programs to engage individuals in practical efforts to make a positive impact. Beyond the day itself, Earth Day encourages long-term lifestyle changes, promoting eco-friendly habits, reduced waste, and a greater appreciation for nature. It is a call to action for everyone to play a role in protecting the Earth and ensuring a sustainable future for generations to come.

As we celebrate Earth Day, it is crucial to recognize the interconnectedness of all living things and the planet we call home. Environmental management is not just a one-day event. It is a continuous commitment to making choices that benefit the Earth. The day serves as a reminder that each individual action, no matter how small, plays a part in the greater effort to build a healthier, more sustainable world.