• The last day for for seniors is Thursday, May 23 2024.
  • There is a two hour early dismissal on the 24th for Memorial Day.
  • Graduation takes place on May 30th at 7:00 PM at Stanley Fowler Auditorium.
  • The last day of school is May 30th. Students are dismissed at 10 AM.
  • Close out all obligations before the last day of school: cafeteria, library, computer, and textbooks!
  • The first day of school for the 2024-2025 school year is August 21, 2024.

Pierce the Veil’s Magnum Opus

(Photo Credit via deviantart)

Pierce the Veil’s 2012 release, “Collide With The Sky,” remains a timeless testament to the band’s musical prowess and genre-defying capabilities. “Collide With The Sky” as an album is an absolute musical journey that transcends the boundaries of post-hardcore, this album is a blend of heart-wrenching lyrics, intricate instrumentals, and an undeniable sense of raw emotion.

One of the standout features of “Collide With The Sky” is the lyrical depth that vocalist Vic Fuentes brings to each track. The poetic exploration of themes like love, loss, and existential questioning is evident in songs like “Bulls in the Bronx” and “Hold On Till May.” Fuentes’ ability to convey profound emotions through his lyrics adds a layer of authenticity that resonates with listeners on a personal level.

The album’s musical composition is a masterclass in genre fusion, seamlessly weaving elements of post-hardcore, punk, and alternative rock. Tracks like “King for a Day” featuring Kellin Quinn of Sleeping with Sirens showcase the band’s versatility, effortlessly transitioning from aggressive breakdowns to melodic choruses. The dynamic instrumentation, characterized by Tony Perry’s intricate guitar work and Jaime Preciado’s solid basslines, creates a sonic landscape that keeps the listener engaged from start to finish.

“Collide With The Sky” not only pushes musical boundaries but also stands as a testament to the band’s commitment to artistic evolution. The album’s production quality, courtesy of Dan Korneff and Pierce the Veil themselves, is commendable. The crisp sound engineering allows each instrument to shine, contributing to the overall immersive experience.

In a musical landscape that often witnesses fleeting trends, “Collide With The Sky” remains a timeless gem. Its impact is not only felt within the post-hardcore community but has also influenced subsequent generations of musicians. In conclusion, Pierce the Veil’s “Collide With The Sky” is more than just an album; it’s an absolute musical journey that continues to resonate with fans a decade later. Its enduring appeal lies in the band’s ability to craft music that transcends genres, leaving an everlasting imprint on the hearts of those who dare to collide with the sky. For a more in-depth analysis of the album track by track, visit here.