• They are extending the deadline for the Solar Pageant scholarship opportunity to May 30, 2019.

• All senior grades are due on Wednesday, May 22nd. The last day for seniors is Thursday, May 23rd.

• Any girl intersted in running for Greene County Fair Queen 2019 should turn in their applications before June 1st!

• Graduation will be held on May 30th, 2019 in the Stanley Fowler Auditorium.

Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

Dennis Garrett – Editor

More stories from Dennis Garrett

Back to Article
Back to Article

Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

Stephen Paddock, the man who killed 58 Concertgoers at a concert has been talked about lately. On October 1, 2017 exactly at 10 P.M. he opened fire on over 22,000 concertgoers from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel. He killed 58 people and wounded over 500.

The Las Vegas police police department, two K-9 officers, a detective, and a Swat team member were among those who first stormed the hotel as Stephen Paddock opened fire on the concertgoers. They have trained for this type of stuff so they can act quickly and get everything handled.

“I think they prevented a thousand deaths, and I think it’s important for the American public to understand that,” said by Lombardo said. Lombardo has traveled to Mumbai, India, after the November 2008 terrorist attacks on hotels and other sites that left 164 people dead. The sheriff gleaned insight from the trip, he said, and the department now reacts more quickly to these shootings.

‘Before we were trained to form a perimeter and hope for the best, but now we’re trained to gather up and go get it,” said by Lombardo. Detective Matthew Donaldson was doing paperwork when he got a call about the active shooter at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and casino. He jumped into his car immediately and drove 9 miles to the hotel. Donaldson ran the last few blocks to the hotel, but ditched his shoes because his feet hurt. “ I was faster barefoot and i was going to be more effective barefoot, “ he said.

“ I just yelled to these guys there’s an active shooter, let’s go,” said Bitsko. The two guys drove to the scene at the hotel, they met up with Levi Hannock, a SWAT officer who was armed with explosives and zeroed in on the 32nd floor.

“I think that this was a terrible act of terrorism, also they still don’t know why he opened fir on innocent people,” said by Holden Headlee. ” I think the guy who killed all the people wasn’t working by himself,”said by Gavin Teasdale.

Dennis Garrett, Editor

Dennis Garrett, is a Senior and a second year Journalism student.

Garrett is apart of the Drama Club and he's also an editor for the Rocket Reporter....

• Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

News

Police Officers Shot After Responding to Domestic Violence Call

• Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

News

Night in the Lights

• Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

News

North Korea Facing Great Aftershocks of Hydrogen Bomb

• Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

News

Liangelo Ball gets Busted

• Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

News

Triple ARBA Show

• Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

News

Carl Sargeant Incident

• Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

News

Veterans Day Program

• Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

News

Election Day in Greene County

• Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

News

Kansas City Causes Chaos

• Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel

News

Winter Sports

Storming the Mandalay Bay hotel